As your new Mayor, I will lead with courage, openness and a clear vision. I’ll make City Hall inviting and dynamic – a place that works hard, and works for everyone.
For the past three years, I’ve been listening to Victorians. What I’ve heard the most is that Victoria’s a terrific place to live, but it’s getting expensive. I’ve also heard that the current leadership at City Hall is not doing nearly enough to nurture, inspire and lead a great city.
Some things I’ve heard from the younger generation:
- They are having a hard time making a good living
- They want to see innovation at City Hall
- They want more bike lanes, green spaces and community gardens
Some things I’ve heard from their parents:
- They don’t want their kids to have to move to Alberta for work
- They want to be able to afford to retire in Victoria
- They want the City to spend their hard-earned tax dollars better
As your new mayor I'll act on these concerns. Please visit the about me page to learn more about the values that guide my actions.
- - Listen. I am open to new ideas and will meet differing views with a spirit of collaboration.
- - Make evidence-based decisions and encourage innovation, even in the face of "We've never done it that way before."
- - Take decisive action on a bold vision to move Victoria forward for generations to come.
- - Lead with a vision, and with a plan!
- - Make better decisions on spending and infrastructure projects to ensure better outcomes and accountability.
- - Support business by replacing layers of red-tape with common sense.
- - Provide simple, timely processes to move citizens' ideas from talk to action.
- - Communicate city business in a clear, transparent and understandable manner.
- - The heart and lifeblood of the city.
- - Destinations and great places to live.
- - People-centred with public spaces that are alive.
- - Centres of economic activity and prosperity.
- - Foster and support local innovation and local talent.
- - Attract and support businesses by creating an 'open for business' spirit at City Hall.
- - Build strong relationships with neighbouring communities and other levels of government.
- - Help to make the city affordable and work to improve the lives of its most vulnerable citizens.